EASY ACTION SENT KIMMER 4 PRIMAL SCREAM /DKT DVD SETS!
The lovely Carlton owner of Easy Action Records has sent me so many cool CD's and is now gifting Kimmer with 4 Primal Scream/DKTMC5 CD/DVD sets. This is a must have for the vast amount of MC5 fans out there. DKT played the final gig this past July in France. Write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know your reasons for loving the MC5. The top three emails will win a set for their own! I will have 3 sets to give away... Thanks Carlton xxooK
Here is the info from Easy Action's Website:
• The complete performances by two of the world’s best and most renowned rock n roll bands captured on film using a 5 camera shoot and ‘surround sound’ performing in front of one audience. Shows like this rarely happen in rock n roll history but we caught this one and this is the documentative evidence of one the most explosive rock n roll gigs to be seen in decades!
• Over two and a half hours of none stop premiere rock n roll
• The legendary MC5 Davis Kramer Thompson played their final show in July 2011 this being the only show they have done since this concert. Primal Scream have their profile higher now than it has been for ten years with the re issue and world tour of their seminal album “Screamadelica”!
• The set list is pulsating with classic rock tracks such as ‘ Ramblin’ Rose’, ‘ Kick out the Jams’, ‘Looking at You’ , ‘Movin on up’ , ‘Accelerator’ , ‘Rocks’ ‘Sister Anne’, ‘Shoot Speed Kill Light ‘ and the encore sees BOTH bands on stage together for half an hour with guest and former MC5 manager John Sinclair. Handling lead vocals for the MC5 on this night was William Duvall ( Alice in Chains)
• The Special package includes a 2xCD set of the complete show, plus a substantial booklet featuring photos from the concert and extensive liner notes by Primal Scream confidante Kris Needs including interviews with Bobby Gillespie and Mike Davis. This will also be housed in a de luxe package of 3 gatefold card sleeves with the booklet inside a specially designed box
• The cover artwork is a painting by MC5 bassist Mike Davis based on a sketch that was done whilst on the road in the sixties then redone exclusively for this release.
• Advertising will be taken out in all major rock magazines Mojo, Uncut, Vive Le Rock, Record Collector, where reviews are also expected.