10 INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES TO MOTIVATE ASPIRING NEW ARTISTS
Making it in the music business these days is not easy. While platforms such as Facebook, Spotify, and iTunes have made it easier to build your brand and get your music out into the world, you also have to contest with tens of thousands of other artists who are also trying to get people’s attention.
And that’s exactly what the big challenge is these days: attention. Not only do you have to go up against other artists, you also have to go up against dancing kitties, funny memes, and the latest news from Hollywood.
But the truth is, as long as you stay true to yourself and stay focused and motivated each day, you can carve out a nice little niche for yourself. The key to making it successful in the music business these days is finding your voice and an audience who really wants what you have to offer.
Rather than trying to appease a large audience, it’s actually much smarter if you focus on targeting a highly specific group of people who really want and crave your music. Then once they become fanatical about it, then it's much easier to build a larger audience once you have your core base. So whatever you do, don’t give up. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and make small strides toward reaching your goal each and every day.
While some days you might feel like giving up, it’s important to find ways to keep yourself positive. And one way to do that is by reading inspirational and motivational quotes. Yes, those memes you constantly see on social media. But the truth is, when you take the time to process them and are not distracted with the other noise on social media, they can have a profound impact on your inner psychology. Here are some inspirational quotes you can use to help keep you motivated when you feel down:
1. People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy. - Tony Robbins
2. It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation. - Herman Melville
3. Opportunities don't happen. You create them. - Chris Grosser
4. Nothing could be worse than the fear that one had given up too soon, and left one expended effort that might have saved the world. - Jane Addams
5. Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use. – Earl Nightingale
6. Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion. - Tony Hsieh
7. Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. – Thomas Edison
8. Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It's quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn't at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that's where you will find success. - Thomas J. Watson
9. Things don’t go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be. - Charlie Jones
10. Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all. - Sam Ewing
Posted by Retro Kimmer at 9:23 PM
Labels: INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES, MOTIVATE, NEW ARTISTS
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment